Community Link Worker
Scott Gorman, our community link worker, is based within the Practice on a Tuesday.
Telephone number: 01698 753 964
The midwives work closely with the GPs and the Obstetricians to provide care to expectant mothers.
District Nursing Team
Telephone number: 0300 303 0107
Our district nurses provide nursing treatment for the housebound and patients recently discharged from the hospital.
The Community Public Health Team consists of highly qualified nurses who have special training in Health Education particularly with regard to Paediatric Assessment and Development.
Mental Health Liaison Nurse
Michelle Crosbie our mental health liaison nurse is based within our Practice every Thursday. The GP/ANP can refer you to Michelle following a consultation.
We have two pharmacists and one pharmacy technician who are based within the Practice. They support the GPs with pharmacotherapy, hospital discharges, and medication reviews.
Telephone number: 01698 687 524
Telephone number: 01355 906600
Treatment Room Nurses are based within Hunter Community Health Centre. Their core clinical interventions are:
- Administration of injectable contraceptives
- Advice and Health Promotion including F.A.S.T
- Care of central venous access devices
- Claudication Clinics (referral only)
- Ear irrigation
- First Aid
- Hormonal implants e.g. Goserelin
- Injections e.g. B12, Pneumococcal, Hep B (risk and exposure). Excludes travel vaccines and occupational health vaccines (employer)
- Instillation of eye drops and ointments
- Leg Ulcer Assessment (Doppler and Management)
- Opportunistic seasonal flu vaccine
- Post operative follow-up
- Suture and staple removal
- Venepuncture (investigation and 2nd line blood monitoring)
- Wound management and dressings